Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default wireless smoke/heat detector system replacement

On Aug 6, 3:15*pm, Frank Thompson wrote:
My wireless smoke/heat detector system is over 14 years old and I am
replacing the detectors for newer ones with more up to date
technologies. * Should I also replace the keypad and the control panel
also?

No expert here, but I would think that with a 14 year old wireless
system, if you're replacing the detectors I
would think you'd almost have to replace the rest too.
Would seem a bit unusual that you could still buy wireless
detectors for that old of a system. Usually over that
time span technology has changed a lot and the stuff
is no longer compatible.