Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default OT - Renting Out Property

"tim....." wrote in message
"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...

Many thanks to all responders.

I think I've seen enough to put me off the idea.
My estimate of £500 may have been a little low.

It's just a different form of investment. At least, with £150K invested in a
property, you will always have some land and a pile of bricks to show for
it. In a bank it could just be wiped out, and you may or may not get your
guaranteed £85K back sometime in the future.

Some types of property can also be a bit more profitable than others; for
example a studio flat could be let for proportionately more rent than a
house, and being cheaper, can be more attractive to tenants. (And actually
most of my experience as a landlord has been to let by the room, where you
can make even more money compared with letting the whole house.)

--
Bartc