Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Acid for drain cleaning?

On 2012-08-05, TomR wrote:

Also, I may just pass on the whole acid idea unless someone here has any
suggestions that we may want to try.

I also have a tub with a slow drain. I've tried them all, including
an acid based drain cleaner sold by True-Value. It's called Rooto
Professional Drain Cleaner and it's sulfuric acid based. Comes in a
white/red 33 oz bottle fer about $12. It didn't seem to work much
better than one of the drain cleaner gels you can get at any supermkt.
Temporarily Improves drainage, but not as much as I like to see. I
know for a fact the tub has a rather horizontal run, so I may try
cleaner along with some of the other suggestions I've read.

nb

--
"Do you recognize me? No!
....cuz I don't work here"