Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Factory reconditioned goods

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in
:

I used a McCulloch 3216 for ~ten years without a hint of trouble,
until I loaned it to the landowner who let me cut firewood.

That can't possibly be true. After all, Husky and Stihl are the only
chain saws worth buying,
and McCulloch is junk. Just ask Steve. He knows all about chain
saws.

;-)

My McCulloch was nearly junk after one use by someone who should have
known better.

I've seen a number of Husky 350s in the hands of tree workers in
aerial buckets. They are lighter than the pro models and those guys
don't cut continuously. The engine has the low-speed torque to ease
into a tricky cut from idle, unlike my Stihl which bogs down at less
than full throttle.

With a freshly ground chain the 350 cuts bar-length dry oak at about
an inch a second, by estimation. I've watched a competition grind cut
at least twice as fast.

jsw