Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] docholliday93@gmail.com is offline

Default Simple butt hinge question

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 2:38:57 PM UTC+1, Nick wrote:
snip

A suitable punch makes pin removal simple, provided there is clearance to
sufficiently extract the pin.

I found with loose pin hinges that the real problem was putting everything together again - admittedly the door I was dealing with had access problems (it was at the end of a passageway not much wider than the door and opened into the passage) but I couldn't get the door held in position and get access to drop the pins in - I had to undo the hinges from the frame and assemble them before screwing them back to the frame.