Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Dishwasher not cleaning dishes on bottom shelf

Dan Espen wrote:

Also the suggestion about opening the door during a washing
a cycle is a good one. The arm should be turning and spraying.

The bottom spray arm only spins when the bottom rack is out. If I
put the empty rack in, the spray arm stays in the same position. (I
opened the door several times and the spray arm was always in the
same position.)

I put in an old rack from the previous dishwasher (a similar Maytag)
and had the same problem. (The middle spray arm will continue to
spin for several seconds after I open the door.)

The spray arm must be rubbing on the bottom of the rack. The ends
of the spray arms will move up and down quite a bit when I push on
them lightly. I think it must be either the spray arm or what it
rides on.
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her