Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Dishwasher not cleaning dishes on bottom shelf

On Aug 5, 7:46*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
Daniel Prince writes:
When I put bowls, coffee mugs, glass jars, loaf pans, etc. on the
bottom shelf of my dishwasher, facing down, they do not come
completely clean. *I ran a square freezer container through on the
heavy wash cycle with the "tough scrub plus" option turned on. *A
large area on the bottom and one side did not come clean. *The food
was very soft tomato sauce. *When I touched it lightly with my
thumb, some of it transferred to my thumb. *It was softer than warm
pudding.

I took some pictures of the dirty container. *I could upload them to
a photo sharing web site if someone wants me to and he/she tells me
what site to use.

I have checked and the bottom spray arm spins easily. *None of the
little holes in the spray arm seem to be blocked. *I do not think
the dishwasher has mineral buildup because we have a water softner.
I have had the same problem when I used both Cascade and Finish
brand detergent tablets.

The dishwasher is a Maytag model MDB6701AWWW3. *It has three spray
arms, one on the bottom spraying up, one in the middle spraying up
and one on the top spraying down.

Does anyone know why my dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean?
Thank you in advance for all replies.

Take a closer look at the bottom spray arm.
Not too long ago I noticed that some paper labels off cans had made
their way into the arm. *Took a bit of work to get all the paper
out of the arm.

Also the suggestion about opening the door during a washing
a cycle is a good one. *The arm should be turning and spraying.

--
Dan Espen

Not in the three I have had over ...um...years. The water shuts off
as sthe door opens.

Harry K