Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electromics.basics
David Eather David Eather is offline

Default Loony Question for Today

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 07:49:15 +1000, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 06:14:08 +1000, "David Eather"
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:36:30 +1000, wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:33:55 +1000, "David Eather"
wrote:

My thoughts, too. I have a fixture rated for three 40W miniature
base
incandescents, presently loaded with three 40W Halogens. My
temptation is to go up to three 60W Halogens.

...Jim Thompson

So you want to upgrade three 450 lm sources with three 750 lm sources.

I'm not sure exactly what you're after but maybe one of these would be
about right

http://dx.com/p/3w-300-lumen-6500k-w...-86-265v-56233
http://dx.com/p/e14-3500k-3w-260-lum...-85-245v-81197
http://dx.com/p/e14-3w-3-led-240-lum...-35579?item=15
http://dx.com/p/e14-3w-260-lumen-700...-47970?item=17

There is a ship load of them and running them save you money.

So you are suggesting using three 240 lm sources instead, which does
not make much sense. Thus, the number of lamps would have to be
doubled or tripled, i.e. a new light fixture would be required.

It should be noted that "white" 6500-7000 K LEDs have a strong narrow
blue spectral line and some broadband yellow and red emission, not
very compatible with existing incandescent light bulbs in the room.

There are shot loads of LED lamps in all colors. If you don't like
white,
then warm white. If these aren't bright enough then there are others,
all
the way to 20 watt flood lamps.

Could you please give a link to lamp with E14 base producing at least
400 lm or one with E27 base with at least 700 lm and with Ra 90 (in
order to be a direct replacement for 40 W E14 or 60 W E27 bulbs).

If such lamps do not exist, how about at least Ra 80 ?

I have nothing against truly white light, I use about a dozen T8
fluorescent 18 W/940 and /965 tubes (Ra 90, with 4000 K or 6500
colour temperature) for indirect lighting.

10-20 W LED lamps tend to be quite exotic with fan or liquid cooling
and Ra in the low 70's :-)

Don't be a ******.

Have a nice day, sir.

Some of these might be right - I didn't search very hard.

450 - 500 lm e14 - white and warm white

http://dx.com/p/e14-5w-450-500lm-600...-55444?item=24
http://dx.com/p/e14-5w-450-500lm-300...-55442?item=32

this is close with the candle shape