Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Dishwasher not cleaning dishes on bottom shelf

Just because the sprayer arm is turning does not mean that the impeller is not slipping. If the impeller threads have worn out and not mating well with the motor drive shaft threads there may be enough friction to get the sprayer arm to turn but not enough to develop enough water pressure to clean the dishes. On some dishwasher with this problem the original plastic impellers have been replaced with metal ones. You may need to access the impeller and check out the threads to see if they’re worn out or access the impeller, put something against it and turn on the motor to see if the impeller is slipping and you need to do this without chopping off the ends of your fingers or having the impeller fly-out and hit you in the eye.

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:42:57 PM UTC-7, Daniel Prince wrote:
When I put bowls, coffee mugs, glass jars, loaf pans, etc. on the

bottom shelf of my dishwasher, facing down, they do not come

completely clean. I ran a square freezer container through on the

heavy wash cycle with the "tough scrub plus" option turned on. A

large area on the bottom and one side did not come clean. The food

was very soft tomato sauce. When I touched it lightly with my

thumb, some of it transferred to my thumb. It was softer than warm

pudding.

I took some pictures of the dirty container. I could upload them to

a photo sharing web site if someone wants me to and he/she tells me

what site to use.

I have checked and the bottom spray arm spins easily. None of the

little holes in the spray arm seem to be blocked. I do not think

the dishwasher has mineral buildup because we have a water softner.

I have had the same problem when I used both Cascade and Finish

brand detergent tablets.

The dishwasher is a Maytag model MDB6701AWWW3. It has three spray

arms, one on the bottom spraying up, one in the middle spraying up

and one on the top spraying down.

Does anyone know why my dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean?

Thank you in advance for all replies.

--

When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.

After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

seconds to several minutes. His favorite are the ones that

rattle. He'll play with any ball that makes noise.