Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switch question ...

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 20:32:04 +0100, SteveW wrote:

On 05/08/2012 15:42, Roger Mills wrote:
On 05/08/2012 13:22, Arfa Daily wrote:
Hi all. Has anyone seen / used a 'light' switch that is just momentary
rather than latching like a normal switch ? I'm sure that somewhere in
the dim distant past, I have seen something that looks exactly like a
single gang flat-plate rocker light switch, but is actually spring
loaded back to the 'off' position. Or am I just imagining this in a
senior moment ? I've looked all through the Tool Station catalogue,
but nothing springs out at me.

Help confirming that they exist, or pointers to one, anyone ??

TIA

Arfa

On a similar subject, I'm looking for a single toggle switch with a
neon indicator which comes on in the ON position. [Obviously, I'd have
to supply it with a neutral as well as a live and switched live].

I want it for my holiday flat, where the bathroom light switch is
wall-mounted *outside* the bathroom. The light is frequently left on,
and a neon indicator would provide a reminder to turn it off. I know I
can get fused spur switches with indicators, but I don't really want
the fuse.

Any ideas?

Why not simply put a neon across the switch. Okay it'd be on when the
light was off and vice-versa, but that just helps you find the switch in
the dark. For UK switches, you can get a clear "base" that sandwiches
between the switch and it's back box, complete with two neons, for this
very purpose.

I was going to suggest that (we have one on the first light switch as you
enter the house).

But as a modification, if he's running a neutral to the switch, it can go
between switched line and neutral. A one-wire choccy block will do the
job.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org