Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default Switch question ...

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 3:42:45 PM UTC+1, Roger Mills wrote:
On 05/08/2012 13:22, Arfa Daily wrote:

Hi all. Has anyone seen / used a 'light' switch that is just momentary

rather than latching like a normal switch ? I'm sure that somewhere in

the dim distant past, I have seen something that looks exactly like a

single gang flat-plate rocker light switch, but is actually spring

loaded back to the 'off' position. Or am I just imagining this in a

senior moment ? I've looked all through the Tool Station catalogue, but

nothing springs out at me.

Help confirming that they exist, or pointers to one, anyone ??

TIA

Arfa

On a similar subject, I'm looking for a single toggle switch with a neon

indicator which comes on in the ON position. [Obviously, I'd have to

supply it with a neutral as well as a live and switched live].

I want it for my holiday flat, where the bathroom light switch is

wall-mounted *outside* the bathroom. The light is frequently left on,

and a neon indicator would provide a reminder to turn it off. I know I

can get fused spur switches with indicators, but I don't really want the

fuse.

Any ideas?

You could do it in the Click modular system - a 2 module plate with a light switch and a neon fitted. Even a choice of colours!
http://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/sw...white-pvc.html
http://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/sw...ick-white.html
http://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/sw...r-modules.html