Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Honda Generators

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:22:55 -0400
typed in alt.survival the following:
wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:05:20 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
Good grief. Instead of all that nonsense just stay in a hotel,
say,
in Mickey
World, for a week.

Does your butler dress you?

Do you live that close to the edge that you couldn't stay in a hotel
for a
week? I sure as hell don't. I suppose there are many who live EBT
payment to
EBT payment.

In an ice storm or hurricane power outage the nearby hotels that have
power are packed with families who need them far more than I do, with
the overflow in temporary shelters in schools. Necessities sell out
quickly and service/repair people are booked solid for months. Many
roads including mine stay blocked until the utility crews remove the
wires so the fallen trees can be cut up safely.

The difference from Katrina is that we in New England expect to take
care of ourselves and ask FEMA to write checks later. Twice I've spent
the week clearing fallen trees with my chainsaw, then patching the
holes in the roof before the next storm.

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last
month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage
interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the
power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate
sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got
out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in
about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that
they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of
the truck, yet.

tschus
pyotr

==
pyotr filipivich
"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring
down the American Government, there will be no one to protect
them from the rednecks?"