Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:
chris French wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

I think despite the critics, people are telling me that the
organisation of the Olympics has been very good so far with the
result that people are happy at the venues etc. Of course there
has been the odd breakdown on the underground, but apparently the
back up systems and staff have been informed about them.

Yup,

We were at the Olympic Park on Friday. It was the first day of the
main stadium being used, and along with this weekend, probably the
busiest days there. Sure it was busy, esp, when the morning
athletics finished and 70,000 people or whatever came out and there
were some queues for things, but nothing bad really, things like
toilets, water fountains etc. seemed to be able to cope.

And for all the talks of security causing problems/queues, we got in
quickly as we were there pretty much when it opened, but even those
who came in a bit later, said it was ok, and they didn't have to
queue very long. But then there must be well over 100 airport style
scanners and xray machines (manned very efficiently of course
mostly by soldiers).

But it was a great day, the vibe just being around the park is
great. If anyone gets the chance to pick up some tickets, get them
and go.

You won't regret it.

I would, even if the tickets were free.

I'd keep kicking myself for wasting any time at all at something like
that, looking at fools that had mostly spent a significant part of
their pathetically inadequate 'lives' qualifying to even show up
there.

To be fair the chances of watching your home team win a gold are pretty
slim

--
Adam

hahahahaha, in spades?