Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How to fix an oven and start an argument

On 04/08/2012 19:42, Nightjar wrote:
On 04/08/2012 16:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the
part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part.
Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

I know where the Friend's Meeting House is. That doesn't mean I've ever
been inside.

or like the old quote from Rising Damp - Philip to Alan;

"But you know where the erroneous zones are!",

"Yeah, well I know where the Himalayas are as well, but it doesn't mean
I have ever been up them!"

--
Cheers,

John.