Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default Electrical - Is this legal to code?

On 8/4/2012 7:10 PM, DanG wrote:

Tell that to my friend that just lost a freezer full of groceries. GFI
had tripped with no apparent symptoms before or after.

My neighbour had a gfi outlet "trip" on him while he was away for a few
weeks. He lost a 20 cu foot freezer full of meat. Several deer, couple
moose, and several several several choice cuts of freshwater fish in
addition to beef/pork/poultry/lamb.

His home insurance agent actually came out and agree to compensate him
$1700 for the lost spoils of hunting and fishing.

I would imagine the deer and moose and bear of Northern Ontario will be
paying the true price of this gfi "trip" for the next couple years...