Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

On 04/08/2012 22:40, Jim Newman wrote:
On 04/08/2012 01:37, John Rumm wrote:
On 04/08/2012 00:51, Jim Newman wrote:

I read it as ARW was claiming some isolated position in 'feeling proud'
of 'his' country. As though he'd done something special himself.
"Is there anyone else OTHER THAN ME that is proud of this country" is a
very self centred question.

I suspect the "other than me" is just a reaction to be surrounded by so
many truly miserable ****es...

But he IS the miserable ****e!

Sorry, perhaps I was not being clear. I was implying that you Jim were
being miserable.

Of the various posts that have appeared in this group recently (see the
"OT: The Olympic Games" thread for example) with the general theme of
"the country is going to the dogs", "Olympics are a wast of time/money
etc". I don't recall Adam being the source of any of them. In fact most
of his posts have championed the games.

Perhaps you would care to provide a reference to the posts you seem to
think you have read?

Also I was not aware that pride in one's country or the achievements of
its athletes actually required that one had personally assisted in their
achievement. However you seem to suggest it is, but then go on to claim
pride yourself. Perhaps we should hold you to your own standards and
question what your personal contribution has been?

You said "ARW is one of the people who regularl y knocks the people of
GB and their achievements" (sic), again there seems to be little
evidence of this. Plenty of others posts are far more negative. Would
you care to provide some evidence? Is it just that you have a crush on
ARW? (not wishing to disappoint, but I get the impression that folks
named "Jim" are not usually his type)

Now let's move on to your contributions Jim. In this group people earn
respect by their contributions; helping others, posting useful
information, solving problems, making worthwhile contributions to the
faq / wiki etc. While regulars like Geoff and Adam may not suffer fools
gladly, they have at least been contributing useful stuff for over a
decade. What have you done Jim?

Now unless you are just one of wodney's sock puppets, it would appear
that your entire contribution to usenet so far seems to have been some
20 posts or so, the first being one to call someone a "stupid ****",
then several more to this thread to have a pop at various others. Unless
you can dramatically add some value to your contributions you will
rapidly find your outpourings awarded the same respect as that given the
other oxygen thieves that lurk under stones round here.

So which is it to be Jim, useful contributor, or kill file fodder?

--
Cheers,

John.