Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Newman Jim Newman is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

On 04/08/2012 07:44, harryagain wrote:
"Jim Newman" wrote in message
On 04/08/2012 00:39, brass monkey wrote:
"Jim Newman" wrote in message
On 04/08/2012 00:04, ARWadsworth wrote:
Jim Newman wrote:
On 03/08/2012 22:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Su...cs_medal_table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

The Aussies are not doing very well:-)

The vainglorious brit who has done **** all himself but wonders if
he's the 'only person feeling proud' is a real object of pity

Nothing positive to post then?

Do let us know how you personally helped any of the medal winning
heroes.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

I read it as ARW was claiming some isolated position in 'feeling proud' of
'his' country. As though he'd done something special himself.
"Is there anyone else OTHER THAN ME that is proud of this country" is a
very self centred question.

But he's done **** all; so, in a very real sense, don't you think he's
worthy of pity?

Apart from the opening, I haven't watched any of it.
Yes I feel proud to be British. It's better than being a Yankor a pac1.
And much better than being a Frog or a Bruce.

If you don't feel proud to be British, why don't you F off somewhere else?
Miserable git.

You talking to me? I'm very proud to be British

Which is why I get ****ed off at people (like ARW) who regularly knock
the people who work behind the scenes in GB to make things like this
happen.

ARW is one of the people who regularl y knocks the people of GB and
their achievements (just re-read his posts); now he claims to be the
only person "Is there anyone other than me ..." who is supporting GB.

Adam does useful work, unlike a lot of the useless overpaid parasites we
seem to have around us these days.

Looks like you're another stupid **** who thinks that the achievement of
the last few days in the Olympics is entirely due to the individual
athletes and their achievements and nothing to do with the individual
sports organisations and their officials

If you were to think about it; these are the self same 'parasites' who
organise things so that bigger and better things happen.

However, since you're as dull witted as ARW, you fail to see that there
are some people who who have bigger vision than you and Adam, so you
discount their organisational abilities.

Adam does useful work, unlike a lot of the useless overpaid parasites
we seem to have around us these days.

Fair enough; if I want a fence putting up (and can't be arsed to DIY it)
I'll call Adam, if I want success at Olympic sports I'll call a proper
professional.

ARW had **** all to do with any achievements done by athletes today