Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Buying non-standard-sized windows & building regs.

"AL_n" wrote:

Thank you for the great input. I'm now inclined to opt for having the full
window area openable (top hung), to allow an uninterrupted view.

In Scotland at least, you're required to be able to clean the outside of all
windows from the inside of the house (whether you employ a window cleaner or
not).

Top hung windows which have a hinge at the top of the frame will not allow
that, though you might get away with the ones where the opening portion
moves out & down (because someone could reach out over the top of the moving
part). I have a feeling that that's disallowed too if someone would have to
stand on a chair or something to do it.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".