Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New lawn-mower

On 04/08/2012 09:22, PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 01:52:40 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Had my Hayter Harrier 41 for about 18 years... its had one oil change
since new and that was about its only engine maintenance. Its on its
third plastic undertray though (they fatigue near where the real wheels
attach). Airflow not really good enough, and no throttle control on
mine. So I don't think I would buy the same model again. Having said
that the engine is good. Starts easily even after a winter in a cold
shed etc.

I'd be happy to spend this sort of money - what do you think about this
one?:
http://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/lawn.../product52.htm

Yup that looks like a good fit for your spec. Honda engines are first
rate and never seem to give much difficulty (probably why the hire shops
like Honda powered stuff so much).

Note that they say its ideal for lawns up to "half a tennis court" in
area - so about 130m^2. Depends a bit on how much actual grass is in
your 250m^2 - however its probably less than a couple of km to walk if
you are emptying it.

--
Cheers,

John.