Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Buying non-standard-sized windows & building regs.

"tim....." wrote in news:a847iiFcf2U1
@mid.individual.net:

If they are bedrooms they need to be "escapable through" (with the
assumption that there is something safe on the other side to escape into)

tim

Thanks, Tim. I found one set of building regs that stipulates an
unobstructed openng of at least 450mm by at least 450mm, the opening part
being no more than 1100mm above floor level. I wonder if this is the
current requirement.

There is nothing outside my first-floor windows, except a 12ft (approx)
drop to the pavement below.

I found two online suppliers that can supply casement windows with the
bottom half opening:

http://www.easyfitwindow.com

http://www.windowforce.co.uk

(the latter being the cheaper). Can anyone recommend either of these
companies' products and service?

Thanks,

Al