Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buying non-standard-sized windows & building regs.

AL_n wrote:
I need to buy three non-standard sized (960mm x 1290mm) replacement windows
for my house. Can anyone recommend a good-value supplier?

I may opt for upvc or timber, depending on cost.

I am also trying to determine the current building regs for upstairs
windows in domestic dwellings, and their opening requirements. Can anyone
point me to the current regulations?

damn. I don't think they have changed but each room needs a window you
can get a fireman in and out of so to speak.

2000 regs have a minimum openable area of .33 sq meter and no less than
450mm in any dimension (height or width)

Any joiner who makes up windows will know the current regs.
You may also need to put in trickle ventilation - again the joiners or
window manufacturers will know 'the norm'

Many thanks,

Al

and how hard it is to achieve it.