Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Buying non-standard-sized windows & building regs.

"AL_n" wrote in message ...

I need to buy three non-standard sized (960mm x 1290mm) replacement windows
for my house. Can anyone recommend a good-value supplier?

I may opt for upvc or timber, depending on cost.

I am also trying to determine the current building regs for upstairs
windows in domestic dwellings, and their opening requirements. Can anyone
point me to the current regulations?

If they are bedrooms they need to be "escapable through" (with the
assumption that there is something safe on the other side to escape into)

tim