Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Autonomous braking system to be required

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 17:39:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/3/2012 5:22 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Aug 3, 6:03 pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 8/3/2012 2:26 PM, wrote:

On Friday, August 3, 2012 1:38:36 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
I'll bet that police vehicles will not be equipped with such a device
because it might make it difficult or impossible for them to ram any
vehicle or do the PIT maneuver. Possibly all vehicles belonging to any
government law enforcement agency will be exempt from something forced
on us lowly subjects of The Imperial Federal Government. ^_^

If all vehicles had an autonomous braking system, the police wouldn't have to ram anyone or perform the PIT maneuver. They just need to box the perp in, and slow down. The perp's car will stop itself, so as to avoid hitting the police vehicle in front of it.

I have a feeling a remote kill switch and government database containing
the kill code for every vehicle will be added by
well meaning lawmakers to the specs for all new vehicles sold
in this country. It is for the children. ^_^

TDD

for our safety........

incidenty young drivers vare statistically worse than old drivers

with age comes some self control, for many......

young people havent known failure and believe they are
indestructible...

i taught a 16 year old to drive, he believed the speed limit was the
minimum speed to drive. he passed his drivers test on saturday, and
had a accident monday afternoon..... 72 hours later.

he laughed at my driving, go a little under the speed limit, never be
in a hurry, leave lots of extra space between you and everyone else,
dont follow too close......

i seriously suggested he drive more like me.......

if he has another accident before he turns 18 his mom will make him
turn in his license, for his safety and beyond which insurance wouldnt
be affordable.....

i drive for my job over 40K miles a year......

Back in the 80's I was running service calls around The Southeast and
put 70k miles on a six cylinder Ford Econoline in a single year. ^_^

I have 107K on my 2001 (20K in the last 8 months). ;-)