Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Autonomous braking system to be required

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 15:56:16 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Harvey Specter wrote:

And then you got the over-60 crowd, most can barely pass a drivers
test.

I doubt that assertion.

#1. I'll bet, but am too lazy to look it up, that drivers over 60, per
capita, have fewer wrecks than drivers under 25.

Yep. I posted a link to some statistics earlier.

#2. Most of us old farts recognize creeping infirmity and adjust our
behavior accordingly. I, for example, know my reaction time has increased
over the years, so I expand the distance I use in following another car,
particularily at speed. I also check cross-street traffic twice, rather than
relying on the other driver to stop, and so on.

....and check twice, in case you forgot. ;-)

#3. With age comes patience. I can't remember the last time I flipped the
bird at another driver, shouted some obscenity, resorted to freeway
pay-back, or played a game of chicken.

Alzheimer's does that, too. ;-)

No more road-rage for me. You'd be surprised at how much respect and
admiration you can garner by showing off your really big gun!

Didn't they tell you to put that away! It scares the children.