Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a way to duct a natural gas heater?

On Aug 3, 9:04*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
By "stove", do you mean a gas range, cook top? If so, since that would not
vent the fumes outdoors, you may be at risk of carbon monoxide.

Being rented apartment, you'd be wise to check with the property manager. A
couple portable electric fans might help, but less privacy.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

wrote in message

LOL I know it's summer at the time of this post. *Moved into apartment in NY
that heats with a natural gas stove. *is is the only source of heat. *I have
two bedrooms, and I would like to be able to close the door to these rooms
for privacy and noise. *It there a fan or ducting system that one could
install to accomplish this?

Master bedroom is on the other side of the wall of the stove.
Second bedroom is less than 10 feet away. *I have all drop ceilings.

Looking at fans, noise on those fans, the electricity they use versus
heating efficiency. *But unable to find anything on this, and don't want to
screw thing up. *Lack of info tells me I shouldnt do this? *Any thoughts?
-- thanks in advance!

No Stormin, a combination appliance, direct vent heating unit
which is combined into the same unit as a conventional
stove with a cook top and oven and an enameled "counter"
area above the heating unit which has a large exhaust duct
emerging from the rear area of the flat top and exiting through
a connection to a chimney like you would see with a woodburning
stove...

They are rather common in the new england region in rental
units because the tenant pays for the heat rather than the
landlord trying to heat the whole triple-decker with one boiler
unit in the basement...