Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

Bill wrote:

I think Amazon started a $40 off sale on $200 Bosch Products today, and
Bosche is offering 2 free batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/...

So I ordered the 2 piece set above for a final price of $198, and will
get *4* batteries in all. The batteries sell for $50, so it's
complicated, but it's almost like getting two drills free! : )

I figure if I wear out 1 pair of batteries, I'll have a backup
pair--extending the life of the product.

Cheers, and thanks!

Bill

About 6 weeks since I mailed in the rebate form to Bosch, I received a
letter from them today saying due to "overwhelming response", it will be
another 120 to 160 days before they send my "free" batteries.

I find this to be rather mediocre. Both their letter and their online
customer service representative emphasizing that the batteries were
*free*. I politely disagreed and typed "They were not free". They
indicated that it said "free with purchase". I typed "I made the
purchase, and I made the purchase because of the battery rebate".

At least my rebate form didn't get "lost in the mail". However, I did
not expect Bosch to make a contract with me that they couldn't keep. I
am not an expert on rebate law, but, IMO, I would say that it is what
they did.

If you received the same letter, at least you know you are not alone!
If you received batteries, then I'm not talking with you today! : )

Bill