Posted to alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

Default Autonomous braking system to be required

On 03/08/2012 3:17 PM, wrote:
On Friday, August 3, 2012 9:01:12 AM UTC-4, Gil wrote:
That's 'big' of you. Just remember that probably some day you will be
over sixty and then we'll see how you feel about your statement then.
There are good and bad drivers in every age classification.

Of course there are always SOME good drivers in every age group.

When does it make sense to stop letting ALL the drivers in a particular age group continue to drive, simply because SOME of them are still good drivers?

Apparently never, because their feewings will be hurt. We can't tell old Mr Magoo he can't drive anymore because he might get MAD at us. We can't tell old Mr Magoo he can't drive anymore because it's HARD. Awww.

That's a stupid attitude. Loss of driving privileges should be based on
displayed performance, not on some perceived deficiency because someone
reaches a certain age. A hell of a lot twenty-year old drivers shouldn't
be on the road. Based on your comments I doubt you would recognize a
sixty-year old if you saw one. Probably at your age everyone over forty
looks 'old'.

Just an aside, caring about someone else's feelings, or someone else's safety, is a liberal trait. Good conservatives always look out for #1.

Personally, I would hope that someone takes my keys away if I become a menace.

I agree and it should be regardless of age. If you think you can drive
safely like Dale Earnhart used to on the track just because you're
young, then you are delusional.

I'll probably get very angry when it happens. I'm sure I won't like it,
but I won't be in a position to make an objective decision about my
ability to drive. I'll still fancy myself to be Dale Freaking Earnhardt
Jr, even if I'm 85, blind in one eye, with no feeling in my right leg.