Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Honda Generators

Atila Iskander wrote:

I once happened to witness to salesman from two US companies (T-x & H-y)
that made calculators, go after the same potential customer.
After both did their spiels about all the features of their respective
product, the H-y salesman took his calculator and threw it as hard as he
could at the ceiling a good 20+ feet up
Calculator went up, hit the ceiling, came back down, landed on a bench,
bounced off, and landed on a concrete floor
As the sales guy picked up his calculator, and started demonstrating how it
was still operational, he looked at his competitor and said:
"Our products are designed and built by engineers, for engineers who
work and rough environments.
We don't expect our equipment to be treated this way.
But at least, they have a good chance of surviving such abuse.."
He then turned to the other sales rep, and said:
"How about your calculator ?"
The other rep declined lobbing his calculator at the ceiling.
Guess who got the sale...

Sounds like the guys who sell Thermal Imagers in the fire service. They
will take a unit and bounce it off a concrete floor or throw it around
to demonstrate how much they can take. One rep had that fail at our
station though. He brought in the units and started his demonstration.
He would then pass the unit around to show how the functions worked.
When it came to the tossing part he did his thing and handed me the
camera. OOPS! the screen had a big blank spot where part of the sensor
or screen failed!!!

--
Steve W.