Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Honda Generators

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 07:39:22 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

If this happened with any regularity (read: twice), I'd have a
permanent
installation by the time the power came back on. Sometimes, 0ur
power goes
out daily but it's usually just long enough to screw up all the
clocks and set
the 'fridge alarm off. It's rarely more than an hour (even after a
storm has
taken lines down) and never a week after an ice storm. ;-)

I can run on a solar-charged battery and use the genny only to top up
the battery on overcast days or wash laundry. The clothes dryer is
solar.

Soon enough we'll have Social Poetic Justice when the carbon tax jacks
up the energy bills of those who demanded it, but don't know how to
reduce their consumption.