Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Riding mower --- no cut in reverse

On Aug 3, 2:48*am, wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 15:39:37 -0500, dpb wrote:
I borrowed a utility tractor from JD dealer a couple of summers ago for
some spot spraying needed to get done in a timely fashion while they
were working on mine. *The little sprayer is just a 55-gal 3-pt PTO
driven w/ a manual control valve rather than a solenoid. *The stinkin'
seat interlock was so sensitive I couldn't reach back to turn the
sprayer on/off w/o the da--d thing turning itself off. *Finally had to
tractor for a field operation. *

There's a point at which stuff just is too much. *(The one on mine had
been disabled before I ever bought it and it was a while before I
realized it was actually there, even. *I've not replaced it.)

They say this stuff is for safety, but has anyone ever considered that
they are forcing people to void the warranty on this equipment, and thus
they dont have to honor their warranty once the owner has bypassed or
eliminated a safety device or more than one.....

Think about this!!!!!!
You can buy a brand new garden tractor today, get it home, and bypass a
some (so called) "safety device". *Unless you can put that device back
together exactly as it was, you no longer have a warranty after less
than one days ownership. *This way, if the engine blows after a month,
YOU will have to pay for the new engine because you voided the warranty.

So you expect a free ride from your own actions?

Harry K