Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Is there a way to duct a natural gas heater?

"HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

Heating an apartment with a gas stove? Putting a duct system
on a stove? Either this is a troll or it's time to call the NYC
housing/code officials.

I believe modern gas furnaces isolate the flames from the living space via
"heat exchangers" and the like to eliminate the possibility of CO poisoning.
I haven't checked, but I understand that gas space heaters can't be had for
love or money for the same reason.

You should check. You'd find out that there are dozens of options for
unvented gas space heaters.

This fear is highly over-rated. *I* grew up with gas space heaters, and
there's nothing wrong with me.

I'll argue your well-being, perhaps, but not your opinion on the
safety of gas space heaters. Size it right- get a CO detector and
they are as safe as any combustible in the house.

Jim