Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Is there a way to duct a natural gas heater?

On 8/3/2012 3:44 AM, wrote:
On Aug 3, 12:17 am, gregz wrote:
wrote:
LOL I know it's summer at the time of this post. Moved into apartment in
NY that heats with a natural gas stove. is is the only source of heat.
I have two bedrooms, and I would like to be able to close the door to
these rooms for privacy and noise. It there a fan or ducting system that
one could install to accomplish this?

Master bedroom is on the other side of the wall of the stove.
Second bedroom is less than 10 feet away. I have all drop ceilings.

Looking at fans, noise on those fans, the electricity they use versus
heating efficiency. But unable to find anything on this, and don't want
to screw thing up. Lack of info tells me I shouldnt do this? Any thoughts?
-- thanks in advance!

Sounds too complex. Are there adjoining walls, or outside wall. Some
prudent use of electric heat might work. I had an apartment with adjoining
duplex, but didn't have to worry about closing bedroom door.

Greg

Heating an apartment with a gas stove? Putting a duct system
on a stove? Either this is a troll or it's time to call the NYC
housing/code officials.

How can you come to either conclusion from what he/she wrote? The
Subject says "natural gas heater" and the body says "natural gas stove".