Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default LED dimmer

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:29:43 +1000, John G
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote :
On 3 Aug 2012 01:12:23 GMT, the renowned "DoN. Nichols"

On 2012-08-02, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:27:45 -0700, the renowned "Steve B"
wrote:

I have some LED pole lights coming for my boat. They are for inside the
boat for when we are fishing, and want a dim light. They come hard wired.
Could I put them on a rheostat so that I could dim them down?

Steve

Buy an electronic control from China on eBay. Costs just about
nothing.

But he wants to run it from DC on the boat, not 60 Hz AC, so I
think that the light dimmers (if that is what you are suggesting) won't
work without first converting to AC.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Did you look? There are ones that are 12V and 12/24V and they cost
like $3-5 US delivered. Argh.. it's costing more than that for me to
type this!!!

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Reference or link?????