Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Amish and OSB

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:06:33 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

The one I like is the eruv.

I once heard of an eruv where the wired off area was very small....but
that was considered the 'outside'....

A while back there was masses of disagreement about some north London
eruv. Rationale for having it seemed entirely to permit less stringent
rules governing sabbath - which itself sounds like a bit of a cop-out.

But I am not in the least sure that I would want to live inside an eruv.
Why should I be forced to simply because I happened to live in an area
which someone else deems an eruv? Can't think of any logical reason but
can't help feeling that my freedom to live within or without is removed if
one is put up around my house. (For clarity - I do NOT live in such a
location - simply hypothesising.)

On the other hand, why not one tiny inverted eruv leaving the entire rest
of the world to be deemed within an eruv?

--
Rod