Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Honda Generators

"Atila Iskander" wrote in message

After both did their spiels about all the features of their
respective product, the H-y salesman took his calculator and threw
it as hard as he could at the ceiling a good 20+ feet up

Too bad Honda generators break and are VERY expensive to fix. I went
instead with a couple of very cheap second hand Colemans I can
maintain with a chainsaw tool, and a noise-reducing folding weather
enclosure made from fireproof ceiling tiles, which quiets them enough
that they can't be heard from a moving car in the street. We lose
power for a week or more after bad ice storms and a 2KW Honda won't
start my washing machine; the Coleman 3750 can barely supply the
starting current.

The smaller Coleman is light enough to carry through deep snow without
shoveling a path, or lift into the back of the car. Those can be
important.

jsw