Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Honda Generators

On 8/2/2012 10:30 AM, Atila Iskander wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..
It would have been about year 2000, give or take a
year. We had a winter time power cut. A friend of
mine had water in the cellar. He could not stay
ahead of the water, with buckets. Carpet in the
cellar got wet. His brother was out of town, had a
generator in the garage, but it would not start. Old
gasoline. I gave it a spray of ether in the air intake,
and it fired right up, old gas and all. I can't afford
a Honda, but I do like them. My Dad had a Honda
for a while, and he really liked it.

Mmmm
I like the idea of a keeping a bottle of ether around for a standby
generator..

I rotate my backup gasoline at least yearly, by dumping it into one of
the cars and refilling the storage tank with gas+Stabill.
I also use that gas during the year for smal motors like lawn mower and
chainsaws,
Have about 20 gallons stashed that way.

But I'm looking to convert a generator to propane and just have a bunch
of propane tanks as backup
Propane doesn't go bad like gasoline.

I used to install and service a lot of home backup generators and even
converted a few gasoline generators to run on natural gas. The small
engine shop in town sold me the conversion kits and the kits worked out
very well with the typical portable 5kw contractor generators. ^_^

TDD