Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default New lawn-mower

PeterC wrote

Seems that the Bosch electric mower has emitted a few too many sparks.
I might be able to fix it, but just in case I can't I'm considering buying
petrol mower before I need to hire a combine harvester!

You don't use a combine harvester, just a tractor based mower.

Looking at various models, most seem to be very
loud - about 96dB, so are there any less loud ones?

I don't want self-propelled as the grass (about 250 sq. m)
is in 5 parts and rather, er, 'complex'.

The electric Bosch cuts almost right up to an edge - wall or
path - and I'd like one that does the same, if petrol ones can.

Also don't want too big; this leads to the old problem of smaller machines
lacking abilities as they are seen as 'cheap', so 40cm would be tops I
guess.

What seems to be a good make, reliable and has a reasonable warranty?
Up to a sensible limit I don't mind how much I spend gulp.