Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default New lawn-mower

Seems that the Bosch electric mower has emitted a few too many sparks. I
might be able to fix it, but just in case I can't I'm considering buying a
petrol mower before I need to hire a combine harvester!

Looking at various models, most seem to be very loud - about 96dB, so are
there any less loud ones?
I don't want self-propelled as the grass (about 250 sq. m) is in 5 parts and
rather, er, 'complex'.
The electric Bosch cuts almost right up to an edge - wall or path - and I'd
like one that does the same, if petrol ones can.
Also don't want too big; this leads to the old problem of smaller machines
lacking abilities as they are seen as 'cheap', so 40cm would be tops I
guess.

What seems to be a good make, reliable and has a reasonable warranty? Up to
a sensible limit I don't mind how much I spend gulp.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away