Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default Honda Generators

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
Priced a Honda generator, and the salesman fired it up inside the store.
have never heard, or didn't hear, a generator as quiet as that one.
Silence
cost a lo of money.

My Dad had similar experience, in a Honda generator store. Neat demo. I
wonder how many of thier sales guys die of monoxide?

I once happened to witness to salesman from two US companies (T-x & H-y)
that made calculators, go after the same potential customer.
After both did their spiels about all the features of their respective
product, the H-y salesman took his calculator and threw it as hard as he
could at the ceiling a good 20+ feet up
Calculator went up, hit the ceiling, came back down, landed on a bench,
bounced off, and landed on a concrete floor
As the sales guy picked up his calculator, and started demonstrating how it
was still operational, he looked at his competitor and said:
"Our products are designed and built by engineers, for engineers who
work and rough environments.
We don't expect our equipment to be treated this way.
But at least, they have a good chance of surviving such abuse.."
He then turned to the other sales rep, and said:
"How about your calculator ?"
The other rep declined lobbing his calculator at the ceiling.
Guess who got the sale...