Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Harassing calls

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:34:04 -0500, Hell Toupee
wrote:

These people are running a phishing scam where they convince you they
can get you a lower interest rate on your credit card, and then ask
you for your financial information to set it up. Since they're crooks,
no, you really can't expect to get their cooperation, and you can't
expect them to pay any attention to your complaints. Sadly, they find
some victims among the financially desperate, the gullible, and the
elderly, who tend to be much more trusting than younger generations.

I had a call last night. Rather than hang up, I pressed 1 to talk to a
friendly customer service person. I had her believing I had about
$60,000 in debt and my interest rates varied from 22% to 32%. She
assured me she could get single digit rates.

When I told her I could not verify the card numbers, she hung up on
me.