Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Hot idle speed oscillating

wrote in message ...
MOTHER****ING Google groups ****ed me all up and now I look like an asshole. I didn't get the end of this thread before I replied.

Well, maybe what I said might help someone, or maybe help someone to understand exactly what happened here.

LOLLLL!!! Nope, you look like a genius to me! You are THEE guru for this as far as I'm concerned! I had never opened the hood of this car until this problem came up. Before this, the last car I worked on before this was a 1971 Impala, so you know the learning curve I was under. Took me several weekends and a lot of past due fines on some of the god-awfulest library shop manuals to finally get to the stuff you said right off the bat in 2 minutes.

The best thing I learned is how few real mechanics there are out there working in shops. The Mitsubishi place wanted $150 to read the codes (It takes 2 minutes).

Bob