Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Headband eyeglasses?

"Winston" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:02:59 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

wrote in message
I'm assembling a little metal thing under a microscope right now.
It's very time-consuming, switching between eyeglasses for reading
documentation and bare eyeballs for using the microscope.

Yup. Those two concepts have become my workaround
until someone buys me a stereo microscope.
--Winston

Could you get a 14" or 20" working distance lens to read the
documentation with the Optivisor?
http://www.loupe-magnifier.com/optiv...ens-plates.htm

The ones I grab most often have 14" #3 lenses and a swing-down closeup
lens. I've soldered a whole lot of surface mount with them, mostly
0805 and 0603 caps and resistors and 0.5mm pitch ICs. The 8" #5 is
nice to inspect the fit of a thread gauge etc but it's kinda too close
for comfort on the lathe or mill.

My best vision is at 18-20". When I was young I could read the states
around top of the Lincoln Memorial on a $5 bill.

jsw