Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED dimmer

"Steve B" fired this volley in news:jvesen$jnf$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

I was never any good at electronics. What would I buy at Radio Shack?

They wouldn't carry a built-up unit to do it. You'd have to buy parts
and cobble it up yourself.

If you're not an electronics type, I'd suggest just going with a
rheostat, and see if that works to your satisfaction.

Keep in mind that it will get hot in use (when it's dimming), so you'll
want a wire-wound unit rated at least 2/3 of the wattage of the lamps you
want to control, and you'll have to mount it in a ventilated *metal*
enclosure that will keep your fingers off the hot parts when it's in
operation.

LLoyd