Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair
Vinny P. Vinny P. is offline

Default Please help me interpret noise in the Santa Cruz mountains(roughly -75dBm across the 2.4GHz spectrum)

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:58:32 -0700, miso wrote:

Your supposed to think WTF and give up, but the poster has dulled two
bits! I think he is hitting something else.

Four holes! Drilled about 4 inches apart up/down and about 6 or 7 inches
apart side-to-side.

I can't imagine what it is - but there is no way my drill bits were
making 'any' headway. I was on a ladder, so I couldn't use 'all' my
strength, but I've drilled enough to know that I was hitting hard steel.

I didn't even see any metal chips coming out, although they could have
been lost in the inch of stucco as I was pulling the bit out.

At the moment, I can only think that there is some kind of earthquake tie
of some sort since I'm very near the fault line.

BTW, would an antenna using a dish have significant lobes?

Looking at the Ubiquiti Nanobrdige M2-18 datasheet at:
http://dl.ubnt.com/nbm2_datasheet.pdf

The lobes don't look too bad:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/8883074.png