Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On 8/2/2012 12:16 PM, Jack wrote:
On 8/1/2012 2:29 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
Swingman wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30675

Had me excited for a moment; I thought it was a jig. Turns out
that it's a clamp, and I'm not sure what it can do that my
existing pipe clamps can't do.

Pipe clamps seem massive over kill for this job. I generally just hand
hold my face frames against my saw fence and screw them together and
they come out perfect every single time. Sometimes that's a little
awkward so I bought the clamp. I can't fathom using a pipe clamp on a
face frame for pocket holes? I bought this because it looks simple to
use with the quick release and all. Haven't used it yet though.

More than anything this clamp does not replace what you have so much as
give you more work room and eliminates a long heavier clamp. It puts
the pressure only where you need it.