Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On 8/1/2012 2:29 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
Swingman wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30675

Had me excited for a moment; I thought it was a jig. Turns out
that it's a clamp, and I'm not sure what it can do that my
existing pipe clamps can't do.

Pipe clamps seem massive over kill for this job. I generally just hand
hold my face frames against my saw fence and screw them together and
they come out perfect every single time. Sometimes that's a little
awkward so I bought the clamp. I can't fathom using a pipe clamp on a
face frame for pocket holes? I bought this because it looks simple to
use with the quick release and all. Haven't used it yet though.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com