Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Refurbished laptops with office software

Yes, Lotus Symphony comes to mind here.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Williamson" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
Thanks. I had looked there, but not found anything that includes the
Microsoft Office software. The firm I've dealt with once in the recent
past, Tier1, also seems to be the same.

I was hoping there might be someone selling complete ex-corporate
machines with the software still in place.

Ex-corporate machines normally have either new blank HDs or the old ones
which have been wiped securely, removing all software often including the
OS, as the licences don't permit resale, nor will most company's security
policies.

Do they *need* Microsoft software, or would any office suite capable of
being set to work and save MS formats acceptable?

In message id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
Bill wrote:

Has anyone any recommendations or other suggestions? I think it's
probably for a school or youth association.

Morgan computers sell that sort of thing.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/

They usually have some with the usual manufacturer's bloatware or MS Works
installed.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.