Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default 18v Rechargeable Battery

On Aug 1, 9:49*am, Jim Yanik wrote:

But I prefer NiMH,they don't grow dendrites and short out like NiCd,and
have a higher MAH than NiCd,and the ones I have seem to have a lower self-
discharge rate.

I've read that Li-ion only last about 3 years,they lose capacity with each
discharge-charge cycle,no matter how you treat them. but you can charge Li-
ion,leave them stored and months later pick up the tool and use it without
first recharging.

The self discharge rate is the reason I quit using NiMH batteries.
They just wouldn't hold a charge worth a damn. Let a tool set a few
weeks and it had to be recharged before use. A real PITA.