Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default 18v Rechargeable Battery

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:09:05 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:37:34 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

There might still be ni-cads out there, but you're crazy if you buy
one. Li-ion is *so* cool. More power/weight, stays full power
until the very end-- and re-charges in 20 minutes.

Jim

Whoa......
I question the 20 min. recharge!!!!

My cellphone has a Li-ion battery and it takes well over an hour to
recharge if it's fully drained. Probably closer to 2 hours.

Oops-- 30 minutes according to the specs.
http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...PS130-2A#specs

I've never tested it as I can't run the other battery down in 30
minutes.

My milwaukee is the same-
http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2450.../dp/B001F7BIH6

I can't get over how much power is in those tiny little 12v li-ions.
I've had them 3-4 yrs now-- The chargers are apparently smart as I
keep a battery in the charger and the batteries are still like new.

And I've left that impact driver sitting in a cold garage for 6 months
and picked it up and used it. That doesn't happen with a ni-cad.

Jim