Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

Han wrote:

The fetus is a /potential/ life. There is a difference. There is no
guarantee that pregnancy and birth will happen without danger to
mother or fetus. Many times there is a need for intensive medical
intervention. Perhaps that is why "nature" made fecundity so much
greater than "necessary" for maintaining population.

All right - I cannot sit back any longer. Han - both you and CW are full of
****. I won't elaborate on my own beliefs because that would take more
discussion than either of you want to believe, but what you say above is
just ludicrous.

The fetus is a potential life? By what freaking definition do you arrive at
that conclusion? So what if there are no guarantees - does that define life
to you? If so, then what are the qualities that you hold as the definition
of guarantee? A certain degree of intelligence? A specific physical
capability? Think about that before you answer it. Intensive medical
care - that should be a qualifier? Think about that one. So - by what
means - according to your logic above - could we ever gurantee that
pregnancy and birth will happen without danger to mother and fetus? Han -
you do not think through your own arguments very well. If you have any
valid points - they are not well represented in what you state.

I know it sounds very bad (and I don't really think it is good) to
end a potential life.

Again - a "potential life", yet if that same degree of cellular formation
were to be discovered on Mars, you would be among the first to declare that
life has been found on Mars - wouldn't you?

But, sorry to say, I insist that the wishes of
the potential mother rate far above those of the potential of a
fetus.

Ok - as an opinion, I can understand that you say that. My question is...
why?

--

-Mike-